As we venture closer to fall, temperatures begin to decrease, leaves start to change color, football teams are gearing up to play, hoodies are coming back out of storage, and all things Pumpkin Spice find their way back into the marketplace. Of course, this often includes pumpkin-spiced drinks of all varieties, along with candles that evoke that delicious scent of fall. However, pumpkin spice trends aren’t relegated to just what you can drink or as a scent this year. In fact, you can get cozy with pumpkin spice nails this fall as a new way of celebrating this special time of year.
Why Pumpkin Spice?
Obviously, the ultra-popular Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is a favorite drink this time of year and is only available for a short time. The scarcity of this drink as well as the way that it helps to create feelings associated with a generally well-liked time of year makes pumpkin spice everything ultra popular, and manicure inspiration is no exception.
The Basics: How to Create The Look
The essential colors for a pumpkin spice latte-inspired manicure mimic the look of the beloved drink. Therefore, orange, brown, and cream colors are all part of this look. However, the pumpkin spice nail trend does allow for a little creative liberty for more complex designs, allowing you to add glitter, black, or gold to the look. Many people have achieved this look at home on their own, but if doing your own nails isn’t something you want to tackle, then visiting your local salon to achieve this look can be a great way to welcome in fall.
Easy DIY Designs
If you like doing your own nails and prefer to be more in charge of your look, the following are some ideas to get you headed in the right direction. Try one or all of them as a way to embrace the pumpkin spice nail trend:
- Solid Color: One easy way to achieve a simple pumpkin spice look is to paint your nails a solid color of either brown or orange or even a mixture of both. Dazzle Dry’s full coverage Mojave Dreams is a burnt orange shimmer that works perfectly for this solid color look.
- Gradient Effect: If you want to add a bit of interest to your look and opt for a gradient effect, you can paint your nails two or more colors. For a gradient pumpkin spice effect, Dazzle Dry’s Poppy Poison and Citrus Streak work beautifully. These polishes are both orange with a slight variance in shade, making them ideal to use for a gradient look.
- Design: If you are especially skilled at nail art, you can even opt for a more intricate design by painting on a coffee cup or pumpkin. For the ideal pumpkin color, you will love Rebel by Dazzle Dry. This vibrant, tangerine orange will really pop, making it perfect for intricate accents on the nail.
How to Achieve The Perfect Look At Home
Before attempting any look including the pumpkin spice latte nails this fall, it’s important to follow the tips listed below to achieve the perfect look:
- Nail Polish: Make sure you are using good quality nail polish that will last such as Dazzle Dry. Remember, your look is only as good as the tools you use, namely your nail polish, so invest in good polish to create the most high-quality look.
- Base Coat: Make sure you begin with a good foundation, meaning you apply a base coat that is designed to prevent chipping.
- Top Coat: Once you have achieved the look you want, make sure that you finish off the nail by applying a top coat. This will seal in the polish and help create a beautiful, shiny finish.
How to Care For Pumpkin-Spice Latte-Inspired Manicures
To get the most out of your manicure, be sure to do the following:
- Use high-quality polish. First, use only good quality polish, or it simply won’t last no matter what else you do.
- Glitter can help. Glitter can actually help a look last longer as it creates a thicker consistency, so you might want to consider adding a bit of glitter to your fall look.
- Opt for shorter length. Even though long nails are pretty, they are more prone to chipping. Opt for a short to medium length for the most manageable manicure.
Pumpkin Spice Nails by Dazzle Dry
Pumpkin spice nail color is a fun and easy way to show your love for the season. There are many designs you can try that fit within this category, giving you a great deal of options when it comes to achieving this look. Of course, utilizing Dazzle Dry products will ensure that your manicure lasts as long as possible and looks amazing the entire time.